1. First International Workshop of the Learning Lab on Public Procurement and Human Rights will be held on November 19th in Geneva in Switzerland. Unfortunately I cannot make it. Related to this topic, an investigation made by DanWatch on forced labour in China's supply chains. Both via Claire Methven O'Brien.
2. UK's £1.2bn bill for drone that's seen 146 hours of active duty. From the "oh, dear" section. "Innovation" in defence procurement gone badly wrong.
3. Good innovation in procurement in Philadelphia with contractors forced to identify Toynbee Tiles. What are Toynbee Tiles? Glad you asked.
4. Kosovo looks into open data. Well, at least in local council.
5. Public procurement and the Internet of Things. Good post on Linkedin by Ross McCarthy about IoT and public procurement.